Sunday, April 8, 2012

Underrated Game - Telestrations


If you like playing board/party games, I've got an awesome game for you called Telestrations. Last year, my friend Amanda kept saying she had a game she thought my boyfriend and I would like that we should play together. We got together a few times, but I've never been that crazy about party games. When we finally got around to playing, I was surprised at how fun the game is.

Telestrations is (like it says on the box) a mix between Whisper-Down-The-Lane and Pictionary. Except it's so much better than both of those games combined. Basically, you pick a card with a word on it and draw that word on a booklet with pages that flip. The person next to you gets your book with your picture and attempts to guess the word that you drew. They write that down, and then the process starts over with the person next to them. When the booklets have made it all the way around your group, you flip through the pages and see if everyone guessed or drew correctly.

Here's a picture of what a finished booklet might look like:

Telestrations is the perfect party game. I've played this game at family events and with friends. Everyone loves it. I even bought it for my father for Christmas, and now all of his friends play. Yes, you have to draw, but it doesn't matter how great you are. The best rounds are when pictures are misinterpreted. I love this game.

2 comments:

  1. just by reading this i think i totally have to try this game it sounds so very fun and i am very intrested in the chaos that will take place when it gets to the actual end of the line. even in whisper down the lane it is so funny to see what the end result of the starting point is. I am deffinatly going to try this game at the next family reunion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You and your family will love it, I promise. People call my dad just to ask him if he is bringing Telestrations.

    ReplyDelete