Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Overrated - Cable TV



I've always been a big fan of TV. I like watching it, but I especially like having it in the background as I clean or do random things. When I decided to cancel my cable a few months ago, I was weirdly nervous about it. I didn't like the thought of giving up so many channels. Only having about 10 channels seemed like a sacrifice. It wasn't though.

Cancelling my cable has turned out to be really positive for me. I still watch some TV, however it's usually at night and it's not at random times during the day. I've discovered I hate most of the talk shows, infomercials, and Court TV shows that fill up the daytime, and in doing this I've discovered that I'd rather have solitude than annoying background noise. My apartment is a more peaceful place.

When I watch TV, it's with a purpose now. I only turn it on if there is something specific I want to watch, so I've had more time to devote to other things. Don't get me wrong, I've been known to go to my parents' house and catch up on some cable shows On Demand, but for the most part, I don't miss it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment