Sunday, March 11, 2012

Overrated Science Fiction Movie - Avatar


I've seen Avatar, but ask me any question about the plot, characters, or even setting, and I probably will get it wrong. I (obviously) didn't love this movie like a lot of people. I also didn't hate this movie like a lot of other people. I remain at best completely ambivalent about it. I don't get the excitement, but I also don't get the backlash. I remember it was really really fun to look at, but any thing of substance didn't stick. Were there any parts of substance?

I remember there was a love story, a beautiful planet, a message about the environment, and bad bad men who don't appreciate love, beauty, and the environment. It's true I could very easily look up the characters' names, but I would almost immediately forget them.

Avatar was beautiful, but not very memorable. It broke all sorts of records in terms of box office success, but as a huge sci-fi fan, I can say I've seen better.

No comments:

Post a Comment